By: James C. Rakestraw, PE, CFM
Our website is about the self-directed study of creation and ministering the Calendar-Day view of creation. The initial content of the website was developed by the administrator, who was assisted by a number of others. As time progresses, others will be contributing to the website. The following are elements of the website:
- Journal – The Journal is the dynamic page of the website. The website administrator will be sharing personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences. Creation related activities in the Fredericksburg, Virginia area will be listed.
- Articles – The articles will cover areas of theology, and science. In addition, there will be articles on how to operate a local creation ministry.
- Questions and Answers (Q & A) – The Q & A section answers common questions concerning creation.
- Resources – The resources section will start small and will continue to grow as new resources are added. There will be resources for self-directed study tools including a glossary, timeline and list of contributors. There will be reviews of books, DVD, articles and other resources. There will be links to creationist resources and other resources.
- Testimonies – The stories of people from all walks of life share their journey to the Calendar-Day view of creation in the testimonies section.
Creation Apologetics, Reformed has a two-fold purpose, which is stated as follows:
- Encourages the study of the Calendar-Day Interpretation (1) of creation and the first 11 chapters of Genesis as historical fact using a personal, self-directed, and reformed approach.
- Support the Calendar-Day Interpretation of creation in the market place of ideas in a reformed manner.
Cover Photos :
The cover photos illustrate Gods revelation to humankind. The background of grass illustrates general revelation. The Bible illustrates special revelation. The praying hands represent a person who is seeking truth by reading the Bible. General revelation makes humankind aware that there is a God However; it does not offer the way of salvation. The Bible is God’s special revelation to humankind. The words of the Bible God breathed (2 Timothy 3:16), and clearly offer salvation and the promise of a new life to all who believe.
The website is still in the development stage and is being updated on a continual basis. Some of the updates are minor. These include correcting spelling and typographical errors. Other updates are significant. These include rearrangement of materials and format.
James C. Rakestraw, PE, CFM serves as the administrator for this website. You can read Jim’s creationist testimony under the testimonies tab. This website is not the effort of one person. Jim receives a lot of support for this endeavor from his wife, family, pastor, and creationist friends. The initial content of the website was developed by the administrator, who was assisted by a number of others. As time progresses, others will be contributing to the website.
Contact the Administrator:
Feel free to email the administrator on the contact us page if you would like to comment. You may also post comments of the Reformed Creation Studies Facebook page.